viernes, 8 de enero de 2016

Death Culture


Today I entered your realm, 
lost my centre, overwhelmed.
 


I stooped down to material, 
found a world so trivial. 


Shiny plastic things appeal, 
but no elastic is revealed. 

You're alive, but do you thrive? 
In the ocean you can't dive. 

We live in a death culture, 
we don't give, we take like vultures. 

From heaven we tripped or fell, 
half akip we entered hell. 

You may not drown, but can you fly? 
You're bed bound, how can you try? 

Surrendered your angel wings, 
became puppets on a string. 

You're below rock-bottom level, 
shallow, locked with the devil. 

The higher you climb, the harder you fall, 
you spend your time, on pavements you crawl. 

You don't gamble, your heart is bruised, 
a desperate scramble for ones and twos. 

You hold on to what you've got, 
for what it's worth, it's not alot. 

"I know I can, so why try?" You say. 
Who knows, perhaps you'll live one day. 

A community of mods, 
think you're one with God. 

I'm afraid you'll only find, 
yourself in your very own mind. 

You dodge, run away, avoid, 
do what it takes to escape the void.

 A brim full of rational lies, 
don't look within, self defy. 

You're floating, no more, no less, 
choking on the water surface. 

Whilst you bath in stagnant water, 
the walls cave, self made slaughter. 

Is this happy medium? 
Where on Earth is your freedom? 

You can't laugh, and you can't frown, 
you're neither up nor down. 

One of the ten thousand men, 
you're banged up inside a pen.

You're balanced cos you have nothing, 
your pendulum is soon to swing. 

Yes life is one big paradox, 
we're free, but still our spirit's locked. 

If death is what you want, come on, 
don't pretend it's not, move on. 

Stop sleep-walking, it ain't clever, 
wake up now or sleep forever.

I remain here in your presence, 
feel your fear and your vengeance. 

We stand upon the same grounds, 
we're playing a game of round and round. 

You're in a cage, deny it's one, 
enjoy the stage, you think it's fun.

I know I'm caged, it feels awkward, 
I scream with rage, urging forwards. 

Choose a spectrum more diverse, 
shift the plague of you own curse.

My concept of your world is altered, 
I see your weakened structure falter.

Perhaps I'll understand you more, 
how you live behind closed doors. 

Is this called ignorant bliss? 
Can you afford to miss? 

Society's defects feel so wrong, 
I don't expect I'll stay for long. 

It wouldn't be the usual trend, 
quite surely my mind would bend. 

I'm unstuck, your laws don't suit, 
I wish you luck with your pursuits.
 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario