jueves, 14 de mayo de 2015

What is Enlightenment?




What is enlightenment? Does it exist?
What qualities, is it meant to consist? 

If I was enlightened, would I be living light? 
Would my senses be heightened? Would I fly like a kite? 

Would I have money, at my own dispense? 
Would I have to be cunning, as to how it is spent? 

Would I have the need, to hand over and pay? 
Would I just do good deeds, and trust things come my way? 

Could I click my fingers, and make items appear? 
Even tricky things, that I hold very dear? 

Would I use buses? Would I go by air? 
Would I receive cusses, if I don't pay my fair? 

Would I use transport, to get here and there, 
or would I teleport, if I did, would they stare? 

Could I indulge, in the foods I desire? 
Would I get old, would I one day retire? 

Would I eat at all? Would I live on fresh air? 
Would I be in the nude, perpetually bare?

Could I take holidays, whenever I choose? 
In all months and all seasons, on a luxury cruse? 

Would it be holy, each day of the year?
 Would time pass slowly? Would I always be here? 

Could I put a stop, to all chaos and wars, 
so all people co-op, without any laws? 

Would it be fair, to force people to change, 
even if I care, that they're suffering pain? 

Would I have to be enlightened from day zero or day one? 
Would it come from my genes, from my Dad or My mum? 

Would I have children, & would they be like me? 
would I have to teach 'em, or would they know instinctively? 

Would I live in a house? Would I live anywhere? 
Would I be with a spouse, who's live I could share? 

Would I be a poet, and would I get fame? 
 Would I want to throw it? Would it feel too mundane? 

Would I have a web page, on the internet? 
If they searched "The Great Sage", is it me that they'd get? 

 Could I learn a language, like a child of three, 
and be like the natives, in other countries? 

Would I be qualified, with lots of degrees?
 Would I be certified, "An Official Holy?" 

Who be the judge, on whether I pass, 
get labelled a dud, or come top of the class? 

Would I have a halo, on top of my head? 
Would everyone follow, each step that I tread? 

Would I be able, to read peoples minds, 
just like watching cable, several at a time? 

Would I hang around, my enlightened friends? 
Would our powers combined, through the cosmos extend? 

Wouldn't the masses want to be my friend? 
Would they stick like molasses, asking me to mend... 

...all of their heart-ache, in two seconds flat, 
without partaking, themselves in the act? 

Would I have a choice, not to be me? 
Would I act on Gods voice, would my will be free? 

Would I have to try, to be how I am? 
Would I ever defy, and be labelled a sham? 

Is somebody able, to give me a clue? 
help me reach my goal, and answer my Q's?

But who could best answer, other than me.
Are we not our own masters, do we not each hold the key?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario